If you love pumpkin spice season, you're not the only one. Most of us look forward to enjoying a cozy fall-themed latter when Autumn rolls around. That's why we created this tasty recipe for a delicious pumpkin latte!
Use your favorite plant-based and commercially compostable Smile Coffee Werks Coffee Pod flavors to make this easy pumpkin spice latte recipe in the comfort of your home. Simply toss the entire coffee pod right in your commercial compost bin and enjoy this savory pumpkin treat that is sure to make you and the planet Smile!
Fun Pumpkin Sustainability Tips
Before we dive into how to make a pumpkin spice later, let's check out a few pumpkin sustainability tips to use this fall. This way, you can make both yourself AND the planet happy!
- One easy tip is to feed old pumpkins to wildlife. You can leave the pumpkin seeds in your birdfeeder so that you can give back to the planet and make sure your feathered neighbors have a meal too!
- Another option is to donate your pumpkin seeds and pieces to a local zoo. They can usually use these pumpkin parts as food for the animals. Plus, they make for a fun toy that animals can play with!
- If you're wanting an option that's closer to home, you can always compost the pumpkin in your garden. To do so, remove the seeds and then cut up and bury the pumpkin under the soil. Otherwise, you might find new pumpkins sprouting next year!
- Finally, you can always check with your city or town about Pumpkin Collection. Sometimes you'll find city-wide pumpkin smashes or other fun clean-up initiatives. These are a great way to get rid of pumpkins and engage with your community!
Gather Your PSL Ingredients
To make your pumpkin spice latte, you'll need:
- Favorite Smile Coffee Werks Coffee PodFlavor
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 2 TBS pumpkin puree
- 1 TSP pure vanilla extract
- ¼ TSP pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ TSP honey
- Optional Coconut Cream
Once you have your ingredients, you're ready to get to work whipping up your delicious beverage!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Directions
To get started making this recipe, add the milk, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon to a small saucepan and heat. Be careful not to let the mixture burn, stirring constantly.
Brew a pod of your favorite Smile Coffee Werks coffee, (simply throw the whole pod in your compost bin when you’re done).
Then, pour the milk into a blender and add coffee, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and honey. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes.
Once the mixture is smooth, pour into a mug. Top with coconut cream and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.
Whip Up Your Perfect Pumpkin Spice Latte
With this tasty pumpkin spice latte recipe, you're ready to start sipping your way into sweater weather. Or, you can create this tasty recipe at any other time of the year to get you those autumn vibes.
For more delicious latte recipes and sustainability tips, take a peek at our blog, Roasted 2 Composted and make sure to subscribe to our newsletter!